Sunday 19 February 2012

I like elephants.

A man came up to me the other day and started talking to me about elephants. He told me that they have the same average life as a human being. They have a full set of teeth and spend their lives grinning and gnashing. As you do, with teeth.
Over time, like humans, the teeth of the elephant fall out. They begins to look a bit gappy: less happy.
The man told me that when all the elephants teeth fall out, it can't eat anymore.
So it dies.
I want to know why we haven't developed elephant soup recipes. Or maybe elephant dentistry?
We could make massive sets of false teeth and then see how long they live for.
I'm not saying this is true. I'm just saying.




When I was younger my grandfather asked me what my favourite animal was.
I told him that I loved elephants.
He bought me a gold bracelet with small elephant charms linked on.
I wore it every day.
One by one I lost the charms; they clinked off in between cracks, onto pavements, at the bottom of my bag.
I stopped wearing it so that I wouldn't lose them all.
Where are they now? I hope they managed to learn to drive and went on a road trip around America.